Prayer Points Prior to the Event:
- For all decisions and details to be implemented and completed as the Lord leads; that nothing is left undone; that all events would be timely. Luke 1:17(NIV) “…to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
- For God’s provisions of resources needed to complete host church readiness. This may include equipment, food and drinks, volunteers to ready the facility and man tables on the day of the event. Pray also for funds to purchase supplies and cover costs. 2 Corinthians 9:12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.
- That the flyers/announcements of the event are given into the hands of potential attendees and that they prayerfully consider to bring a friend. I Corinthians 14:8 (NIV) “Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?”
- For God’s protective covering and provision over the event organizer, local clergy involved, all speakers, worship team, volunteers and intercessors. Pray for safe travel and travel mercies for everyone involved. Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Prayer Points On The Day of the Event:
1. For good weather and safe travel for all. Matthew 16:2 [Full Chapter]. He replied, ‘When evening comes, you say, “It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,”
2. For the sound system and related computer equipment, all church lights, a/c, hospitality equipment; that there be no technical problems. Philippians 4:19 [Full Chapter] “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
3. That the Lord of the Harvest would call and bring in the harvesters. Matthew 9:38 “Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send workers into His harvest field.”
4. That everyone would be alert and attentive; that there be no distractions or interferences to keep people from attending or while at the event; that hearts be prepared to receive the teachings.
5. For the Prayer Room to be fully staffed and responsive to the voice of the Lord; that the intercessors would have great insight and discernment to pray rightly, timely, and on target; that the intercessors’ prayers would provide a palpable presence of God in the event room; for the anointing of the Holy Spirit to be upon everyone; and for the worship to flow easily in the midst of the prayer room and event room; for the Holy Spirit to be welcomed . Matthew 6:9-13 [Full Chapter]. “This, then, is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven…”
6. That in closing, God would seal all that was taught to the attendees’ minds, spirits and memories to take with them the teachings and digest them rightly; that nothing be lost in the coming days, but retained and shared with other believers for the great harvest of souls…..for God to multiply the results. Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Prayer Points The Days Following the Event:
- For the Answering of Prayer – Almighty God, who hast promised to hear the petitions of those who ask in thy Son’s Name: We beseech thee mercifully to incline thine ear to us who have now made our prayers and supplications unto thee; and grant that those things which we have faithfully asked according to thy will, may effectually be obtained, to the relief of our necessity, and to the setting forth of thy glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (BCP, p. 834)
- For Travelers – For safe and timely travel for everyone going back home; that all speakers, leaders, volunteers, intercessors and worship team would be fully rested and recovered from the weekend activities.O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: Preserve those who travel [in particular _______________]; surround them with your loving care; protect them from every danger; and bring them in safety to their journey’s end; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (BCP, p. 831) 2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
- Hunger for God – For the Lord to cause people in our city to have a hunger for God, and hearts ready to receive Christ as savior; that people be blessed with a spirit of receptivity to the Gospel; that hearts and minds be open, and for God to give them a hunger to know Him; for them to receive Christ as their personal savior become a follower of Jesus Christ; that they find a discipleship source and parish home to continue to grow in their walk with Jesus. Isaiah 55 (full chapter) “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David…”
- Continuing Prayer – For God to empower us, as the Body of Christ, to remember to pray over the areas around our parish, homes and work/schools, and for those areas to be saturated with God’s presence and workings for salvations.
“We talk to God about our neighbors before we talk to our neighbors about God.”
Psalm 67:2 “…so that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations.”
- Divine Appointments – For divine appointments to begin to manifest between the newly trained harvesters and the “heirs of salvation” out in the city. Acts 8:26 (NIV) “Philip and the Ethiopian Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, ‘Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.’” For abundant opportunities to share the “Good News”; that we be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit; that we be made aware of church events to which we can invite friends, family and co-workers; that we would be available for a touch from the Lord. John 4:35 “Say not ye, ‘There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest?’ behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.”
- Follow Up – For any next steps in the coming months and years, and for the gospel to be manifested and implemented for Kingdom purposes. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”